First Ever Hava NaGrilla BBQ Magilla!
Who wants to be the champ! We will find out on June 7, 2009, when Golden Slipper hosts its first ever Hava NaGrilla Kosher BBQ Contest & Festival at Willow Grove Day Camp in Willow Grove, PA. It is the first of its kind in the Philadelphia region, and one of the few kosher cook-offs to be held anywhere in the United States. With an anticipated attendance of over 1,000 Jewish families and teams competing from the tri-state area, we expect the Hava NaGrilla to be a premier event for the Jewish community.
Golden Slipper Club & Charities is hosting this unique event for the general public to promote Jewish culture and raise money for our charitable endeavors. It will involve a wide array of activities, all in the name of family fun, camaraderie, and charity including:
- The Kosher BBQ contest, complete with trophies for the best beans, brisket, chicken, ribs, best team name, most creative booth, and overall grand champion
- Celebrity judges who will determine the best recipes
- Kids Corner with moon bounce, games, face painting and other great activities
- 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament
- Kosher BBQ Cooking Demonstration by Chef Thomas J. Macrina, Executive Chef of the Desmond Hotel
- Raffle drawing for a brand new Mini Cooper. Buy a raffle now!
- Kosher Pickle Eating Contest
- Rubber Chicken Toss Contest
- Live Entertainment and more!
Learn more at www.havanagrilla.com. This site will provide you with all the information you need about this exciting event. So get your BBQ team together, have your kids enter the basketball tournament, or just come out and enjoy a fun-filled day with your family. You don't have to be Jewish or kosher to join and have a great time!
To view previous editions of The Kosher Table, please click here.
Did you enjoy this article?
- share it with your friends
so they do not miss out on this article,
(free), so you do not miss out on the next issue,
(not quite free but greatly appreciated) to enable us to continue
providing this free service.